ShareFinder 5 Mobile
ShareFinder Mobile 5 is a simple webpage , tailored to your share portfolio , which is uploaded from ShareFinder professional 5. It is designed to fit just about any mobile display , including your cellphone or tablet. It costs R200 per month and is a way to carry an analysis of your portfolio in your pocket. It uses ShareFinder 5’s analysis engine , which means you get the same great technical analysis ShareFinder provides without the bulk of features you would rather not use when on the go.
This is a manual service. Once you log in your Sharefinder International account , you will be able to order it online. It will then be delivered to you by one of our technicians. They will guide you through a process to get it up and running.
ShareFinder Mobile 5 requires a subscription to ShareFinder Professional 5. It is not sold separately. You will be required to use the desktop program before using the Mobile version. A data subscription for ShareFinder Professional will be required to use it. The features in ShareFinder Mobile 5 are heavily stripped down. You will not be able to change or update your portfolio from the mobile site.
ShareFinder Mobile instructions
The long-term share market investment system for people on the move
Welcome to ShareFinder Mobile; the stripped down version of the renowned ShareFinder share market analysis system. Designed for simplicity, efficiency and speedy decision-making, ShareFinder Mobile offers you:
- The tools to help you draw up an investment plan tailored to your personal needs.
- A systematic portfolio builder that enables you scientifically minimise risk and maximise capital and income growth rates.
- A weekly overview of leading world markets accompanied by a graphic commentary of changing trends.
- A personal portfolio analyser which will keep watch over your investments and suggest periodic changes.
- A round the clock seven day a week alert system which will signal you by e-mail if emergency action is called for. Shortly we hope to add a facility that will also send you a cell phone SMS so you will be alerted to the need for action wherever you are during the day.
The ShareFinder Mobile system operates from the Sharefinder International servers where your portfolio is subjected to a daily automated analysis. Should the need for action occur, you will be sent an immediate e-mail. In addition, at the end of each week your ShareFinder Mobile will automatically update itself via e-mail.
- If you want to use this software to its maximum advantage, it is highly recommended that you read Richard Cluver’s book “The Philosophy of Wealth” ISBN No: 0 9583067 61 which can be ordered from Sharefinder International at a cost of R130.
How to Reinstall ShareFinder 5 Desktop
These are instructions for reinstalling ShareFinder if ShareFinder is already installed on your computer. If you do not already have ShareFinder installed on your computer, these instructions do not apply to you.
If ShareFinder does not perform correctly, with large numbers of shares apparently missing from the database, or if ShareFinder crashes frequently, it is a sure sign that the database is corrupt. Reinstalling will replace the database with a new, correct and complete database, without affecting your program settings, portfolio and lists.
Reinstalling also ensures that you are using the latest version of ShareFinder because any new files will be upgraded automatically.
How to reinstall
- Determine which database provider you are using, either InvestorData or Sharenet.
- Go to the download page on this website. (Clicking the link will open a new window, so that you can return to these instructions.)
- Click the name of the file you need to download, depending on your database provider. For InvestorData it is the first file in the list of downloads, named “sfidxxxx.exe“. For Sharenet it is the second file, named “sfsnxxxx.exe“. The “xxxx” are four digits that represent the date of the file.
- If asked what to do with the file, choose “Save to disk“. Depending on your computer you may or may not be asked this question.
- When asked for a location in which to save the file, choose the “Desktop“. That location may already be selected. If not, click the downward pointing arrow alongside the “Save in” box, scroll all the way to the top, and click “Desktop”.
- When the download is complete (after several minutes) there will be a new setup icon on the desktop with the name of the downloaded file. Double-click this icon to begin reinstalling. Hint: It may not have “.exe” at the end of the name.
- Click “Next” at each step in the setup procedure. You should not need to change any of the settings.
- At the end of the setup procedure, it will indicate the last date in the new database. If your database provider is InvestorData, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org asking them to resend data from that date, to complete the database. If your database provider is Sharenet, any outstanding data will be retrieved automatically during your next daily download.
- After the setup procedure is finished you may delete the setup icon from the desktop.